Health benefits of extra virgin olive oil
Health benefits of extra virgin olive oil
A well-balanced diet and lifestyle are fundamental to our health. In ALEVOO we recommend a healthy diet based on daily consumption of Extra Virgin Olive Oil as it has a protective effect against different diseases.
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) is the only type of olive oil that contains all the antioxidants and bioactive compounds beneficial to our health. It contains high amount of powerful natural antioxidants such as polyphenols and Vitamin E, is rich in Vitamins A, D and K, and in fatty acids, being the predominant (73%) a monounsaturated fat called oleic acid, which is extremely healthy.
There are many proven studies and research that show that extra virgin olive oil, thanks to its composition, is unquestionably healthy whether ingested as food/ingredient or applied topically in the form of cosmetics. Today we want to share with you the health benefits of daily extra virgin olive oil consumption which extend to almost all the organs of the body.
Health benefits of extra virgin olive oil when ingested orally as food/ingredient
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Many of the components of EVOO have properties that help reduce blood pressure, prevent atherosclerosis, stroke or blood clots, and protect us from myocardial infarctions, arrhythmias or angina pectoris
- Reduces levels of bad cholesterol – LDL in the body and increases levels of good cholesterol – HDL
- Reduces the risk of suffering circulatory conditions in the extremities (technically known as peripheral arteriopathies-PAD) keeping your legs, arms and hands functioning.
- It helps reduce the risk of cancer. Its daily consumption is related to a reduction in the rate of breast cancer. Likewise, the benefits on the intestinal epithelium reduce its inflammation and protect the body from the development of bowel cancer.
- Strengthens the immune system. Its daily consumption increases the defensive system of our body allowing greater resistance to the action of external pathogens
- Fights diabetes and helps reduce cases of type 2 diabetes by regulating sugar levels and insulin production
- Prevents premature aging and protects against free radicals that cause cell damage
- Protects against cognitive impairment. Protects memory and learning capacity preventing all types of mental deterioration which is linked to mental illnesses such as Alzheimer’s
- Helps reduce the risk of depression, since good nutrition leads to better mental health
- Strengthens bones and improves bone health. It acts as an anti-inflammatory agent helping to reduce the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis and muscle aches
- Reduce obesity levels since extra virgin olive oil consumption satiates for a longer time thus helping to lose weight and reduce muscle mass index
- Improve digestion by reducing gastric acid secretion, and thus protecting against gastrointestinal diseases and avoiding gastric acidity. It acts as a mild laxative, helping to prevent and treat constipation.
Health benefits of extra virgin olive oil when taken topically as a cosmetic
- Acts by blocking free radicals, preventing oxidation and combating premature skin aging
- Maintains skin hydration, promotes cell membrane preservation and revitalizes skin tissue giving it softness and firmness while increasing skin elasticity
- Works as a humectant by restoring the natural moisture levels of the dermis and preventing that natural moisture existing in the skin from being lost
- Acts toning and firming the dermis and protects it from external aggressive agents (such as wind, cold or heat, air conditioning or heating, and environmental pollution) slowing down cell degradation
- Promotes cellular oxygenation allowing skin rejuvenation and renewal while providing it brightness and luminosity
- It has a high healing power and stimulates cell regeneration and tissue repair
- Reduces expression lines and wrinkles, provides a better skin tone and texture, reduces imperfections and decreases dark spots
- It has relaxing properties providing a state of calm and tranquility
It is proven that extra virgin olive oil is a powerful ally for our health. Science says so! Is it part of your daily diet yet? And of your daily beauty habits? From ALEVOO we invite you to enjoy our exclusive extra virgin olive oils and our organic cosmetics made from our organic extra virgin olive oil so that they are your perfect allies for your health. ALEVOO takes care of you inside out.